Thursday, May 26, 2011

Week 26!

Only two more weeks before I reach my second goal of 28 weeks!  Week 28 will be a huge milestone.  The risks for the babies decreases quite a bit.  I had an appointment this week and we all got a good report :)  To begin with, my cervix was the best it has ever been at a 4.8!  Anything over a 3 is good.  The babies are all over 2 lbs.  Our baby girl is a beast weighing in at 2 lbs. 14 oz. and the boys each weighed 2 lbs. 2 oz. & 2 lbs. 4 oz.

Big brother Caden giving the babies kisses :)
I have gained 43 pounds..... My belly is ginormous... along with the rest of me :)  It is unreal, I get up every morning and look down @ my belly in amazement.  Whenever we go to my parents house, my aunt and uncle always stop by to see how I am doing.  I was telling mom that I should really start charging people to come see the freak show. Lol  Maybe a pack of diapers or something.  Or a sign up sheet for rockers and feeders, there you go!  Just kidding Aunt Mary and Uncle Bob :)

Me & Caden being silly
A couple of my sweet girlfriends had a shower for me and I got so many nice things :)  Minus the triplet stroller and the dreaded minivan, I think I am pretty well set!  I may need to go buy some more preemie clothes but I just don't know how big they will be when they come home from the hospital.  I am just going to wait and I can run and get more if I need them.  Below is a picture of me getting my big belly measured for a game at the shower.  Everyone had to guess how big my belly was. lol  Thank you so much Ang, Katie and Lauren, I am so lucky to have friends like you :)


I got to go to my little sister's high school graduation ceremony this past weekend.  At the beginning of this pregnancy I had no idea what the end of May would bring but if I had to be pushed in a wheelchair to be at that graduation I would have.  No wheelchair needed though.  I waddled myself in and I waddled myself out!  Congrats baby sis, I am so excited for the journey that is ahead for you.

I visited a triplet mom that I met through a moms of multiples group yesterday.  She has 10 month old boy, boy, girl triplets.  She had her act together and definitely gave me hope :)  She delivered at the same hospital that I am having my babies at and had nothing but good things to say about her experience there.  Schedule, schedule, schedule is the key to three babies.  Along with help, help and more help!!!  I can do this, I can do this...  She was so sweet and I have a feeling that I will be talking to her quite a bit in the next year!  So Heather if you are reading this.... be prepared for lots of calls and emails!

Here are a few pictures from the ultrasound.  Little girl would not cooperate but we got a few of the boys. The bigger they get, the harder it is to get a clear picture.  I will write again at week 28.  God Bless!


1 comment:

  1. The Babies are beautiful Nicole. And of course I'll be reading blog posts. It's so fun to see someone else go through this and document their experience! The pictures of you and Caden are priceless!!! What a wonderful big brother he'll be! Keep the updates coming and you're doing a wonderful job with those three babies and Caden. Can't wait to hear/see more!

    ReplyDelete