Monday, February 13, 2012

Fast forward six months!!!

Where does the time go??? I just glanced through some of my posts and it seems like yesterday I was feeling these three smiling and cooing babies bouncing around in my HUGE belly.  Fast forward 6 1/2 months and here we are :)  We are not only surviving but LOVING this journey.  I just can't stop thinking about how truly BLESSED we are.  All three babies are doing awesome as well as big brother Caden :)

At the triplets 6-month checkup Hadley weighed 17-4.5 and was the longest at 27". Corben weighed 17-6.5 and was 26" long and Cohen weighed 19-4 and was 26 3/4" long.  They are all eating 7oz of formula four times a day along with oatmeal and fruit in the morning and fruits and veges at lunch and dinner.  They have an afternoon snack as well.  Thanks to my amazing mommy friend Ashley Black, I have them on a great schedule that seems to be working well for everyone :)


Before I write anything else, I must say a bit about a wonderful person who has been by my side the last six months.  Not only did we welcome these three babies home in August but we also welcomed a very special young lady into our home as well.  Our Au Pair Terry from Germany :)  She is truly an amazing young woman and she has become a big part of our family.  She not only helps me around the house and with the kiddos but she has become someone that I can call my friend too.  The love she portrays to my children is unbelievable and just melts my heart.  We love you Terry Kay and no words can express how thankful we are to have you in our lives.  We appreciate everything you do for us :)  As most of you reading this know, Sean played for the Arizona Cardinals this past football season and the kids and I stayed back in Illinois.  I could not have done it without the help of our family and Miss Terry.


Onto the kiddos...  As I stated above, Cohen a.k.a Mr Personality is the biggest by two lbs.  I think he is going to be the social one of the group :) He is always smiling and cooing at anyone who looks at him.  He is so kissable because he is so soft and cuddly.  I could just eat him up!  Plus he has dimples to die for.  Oh and his hair stands straight up!  I comb it down after bath and by the time he has his p.j's on, it is standing on end.

Corben is short, stocky and handsome.  Terry thinks he is going to be the mischievious one of the group.  He does have this look to him that just has little stinker written all over it.  As for his hair, he has a Donald Trump comeover going on.  lol He is such a cutie.


And my little princess Hadley.  I love my boys so much but OMG I am having so much fun with bows, bloomers and leggings! She is such a good baby.  She is so patient and always has a smile on her face.  Hadley loves to eat.  She does that best at eating her fruits and veges!  I love my little girl :)
 

Last but not least, big brother Caden is doing better than I expected at sharing time and everything else with three babies.  He is quite the character :)  A couple of weeks ago he and his Nana were in the car  just chatting and she asked if he liked the peace and quiet at her house and he replied, "yes, those babies drive me nuts!" He cracks me up.  You never quite know what is going to come out of his mouth next.  He really is doing great though.  If a baby is crying he will go over to him/her and try to shoosh them or put the paci in their mouth.  I love him so much and I am so proud of him.  He is busy with activities these days too.  He goes to pre school two mornings a week, wrestling two nights a week along with tumbling and soccer once a week.  I can't imagine when these babies start activities, YIKES!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment