Wednesday, July 6, 2011

32 weeks and I am back at home!!!

I made it to the 32 week mark, which was a major milestone from the beginning of this journey!  The average for triplets is 32 weeks so it is a wonderful feeling to have come this far.  Plus, I got to come home after 16 days in the hospital on July 1st!  It is so nice to be home.  I sleep so much better.  As Caden put it, we felt like a family again. :)  I go to the doctor twice a week to take a peek at the babies just to make sure they are not in distress.  So far so good :)

My next growth check for them is not until the 11th but I talked my ultrasound tech into taking a peek this week and they had all gained a couple of ounces.  They are definitely slowing down though... they must be running out of room!  As for momma's growth, UNREAL.  My belly is just enormous.  Not sure about weight gain.  When I left the hospital I was still right at 50 lbs.  I am sure I have gained because when my mom is here, I eat very well. That hospital food was just not very appetizing by the 16th day.  I didn't even need the menu to order because I knew everything by heart. lol

As for big brother Caden, he has been busy!  He was in his second wedding of the summer this past weekend.  He pulled a little guy down the aisle in a wagon :) I wasn't able to go but have enjoyed seeing all of the pictures!  He goes to a camp twice a week for a couple of hours. Grandma Paula took him to the farm for a couple of days and he is just having a blast.  He has Byron Fest this weekend and a family reunion with 250 of his relatives on Saturday!  I told mom, he is not going to know what to do when mommy is better and busy with his brothers and sister.  He has been entertained pretty well over the last couple of months :)


Isn't he handsome :) 

I think that is about it.  I am getting more and more anxious by the day!!!  I was going through all of the baby clothes today until my husband scolded me to get back on the couch... I was even sitting :)  I cannot wait!!!

2 comments:

  1. good luck Nicole, Dick and I hope the babies are all healthy: mom too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope the pregnancy is still going great, you, Caden, and Sean too

    ReplyDelete